CellCity Control Unit
- The CellCity Control Unit automates all workflow steps essential for reliable cell culture and analysis and executes the experimental design through integrated control software.
- Powerful and fast, traps thousands of cell-laden gel beads on a CellCity Array Chip within a few minutes
- Light-weight, easily portable and designed for a quick plug-and-play setup
- Brings microfluidic cell culture to any lab (intuitive user experience, automated flow control and priming, bubble-free operation)
- Precision engineering delivers uniform perfusion to ensure homogeneous culture conditions
- An integreated gas mixer allows direct connection to a 100% CO2 gas line or gas bottle
- The CellCity Incubator holds the CellCity Array Chip and maintains the relevant experimental conditions for long-term live-cell analysis.
- A complete, miniature incubator (37°C, 5% CO₂). No need for any other environmental chamber.
- Designed in a microtiter plate format to fit on your inverted microscope setup.
- Controlled and optimized heating to work with low volumes and temperature sensitive samples
- The CellCity Incubator can be easily moved to a cell culture hood for uninterrupted sterile conditions and handling
The Workflow in Six Steps
Use your conventional single-cell suspension as sample. Our CellCity Kits include high-grade hydrogel for cell encapsulation.
Perform on-chip single-cell or cell-pair encapsulation according to your experimental plan. No prior microfluidic experience is required.
GEL BEAD TRAPPING:
CELL CULTURE & TIME LAPSE IMAGING:
Easily retrieve the gel beads in which the cells are contained for subsequent downstream analysis (e.g. SMART-Seq2) or cell expansion.
Our CellCity Kits include one CellCity Array Chip and all reagents to carry out the workflow.
Study cellular communication at single-cell resolution, e.g. during EMT in cancer metastasis.
Discover and explore serial killing events of individual CAR-T cells.
Use cell division as a functional readout to reveal the role of cell proliferation in disease.
Visualize at single-cell resolution how, e.g. a macrophage phagocytoses a cancer cell.
CO-POSITION TWO CELLS
Easily enclose two cells in one bead to monitor communication & regulation
PRESERVE THE 3D SPACE AROUND CELLS
Easily control & maintain their chemical & cellular microenvironment
LINK A CELL’S GENES & FUNCTION
Track reporter genes and other modifications of single cells upon response to stimuli
USE YOUR EXISTING PROTOCOLS
No need to start from scratch. CellCity works with your current bioassays & imaging setup
SEE PHENOTYPIC HETEROGENEITY IN POPULATIONS
Show phenotypic variation across time & space, and even track monoclonal cells
YOUR IDEAS. YOUR CELLS. YOUR ASSAY
Answer questions with rare, eukaryotic, prokaryotic, primary, or other cells
CellCity Software Solutions